Life Fitness T3 Review
Last Updated: May 29, 2021
Life Fitness has been manufacturing both in-home and commercial fitness equipment for decades. Much of what they produce is of great quality, including the Life Fitness T3 treadmill. It is an in-home treadmill but offers commercial level quality in a few respects. Within the Life Fitness T-series, the T3 is the entry level model below the T5. They share many of the same component parts and feature sets. Looking across the T3’s price point, it certainly packs a good punch and offers quite a bit of value.
What do we particularly like about the Life Fitness T3? Well, with Life in particular they give their customers choice with a basic, and more advanced console display. The GO console is entry level but provides all the basic visuals and programming via a blue LCD screen. Included with the GO console are the LCD screen, 12 workout apps, 2 custom programmable workout apps, and two user profiles. The Track Connect console is a step-up and provides a more immersive experience. It connects to your mobile device and several fitness apps (Eg. FitBit, JawBone) to allow for real-time fitness stat tracking. Relative to the Go Console, you get 15 workout apps, 12 custom programmable workout apps, and four user profiles. We like the choice. On the topic of visuals and engagement, the T3 does not come equipped with an HD touchscreen display but is housed with a compression rack for your tablet.
What about performance? The Life Fitness T3 comes with a 3.0 CHP DC motor with MagnaDrive(™) which peaks at 6.0 CHP and a top speed of 19 Km/h. The motor is durable and smooth, yet powerful enough for the treadmill to claim to handle runners of up to 159 kg. That is impressive especially when you look at the competition and their max user weights. Along with the motor, the running surface is sufficient size for the majority of runners; 51cm by 153 cm. The running deck also has the FlexDeck Shock absorption system which keeps the running surface softer than running outdoors. In fact, the manufacturer has seen a reduction in knee and joint pain by up to 30% as a result of the system! Your joints, feet, and knees will certainly be appreciative and who knows, you may end up running more and for longer sessions as a result!
The price, especially when on offer, is quite impressive for an entry level piece of equipment that shares many of the same components and feature sets of its older brother, the T5.
- Robust 3.0CHP motor provides enough power for runners of any size and type, eg. larger higher performance runners.
- Generous tread belt running surface of 20″ x 60″. Long enough so that you won’t feel like you’re going to fall off the track 🙂
- Patented FlexDeck Shock Absorption system creates soft landings while jogging or running, lessening the impact to your joints, allowing you to workout longer. This is an important point! Life Fitness sites a reduction knee and joint pain by up to 30% as a result of the FlexDeck system
- Impressive max user weight of 159KG a testament to the motor and quality running surface
- 19 KM/H top speed is high enough for the vast majority of users
- Non-Folding nature of the treadmill is not so good with respect to portability but it definitely feels solid and secure. Built like a tank. Not much wobble which is a good thing 🙂
- Add more intensity, cardio, and calorie burning via the power incline (up to 15%)
- Choice of two Consoles; GO and Track Connect; up to 27 workout app options and up to 4 user profiles. Track Connect allows for connectivity to fitness apps and real-time fitness stat tracking
- Easy to use controls irrespective of console type or choice
- Tack on your tablet or book of choice to the compression rack and instantly have a more immersive and engaging workout experience
- Heart rate monitoring
- Non-folding treadmill is solid and sturdy but may be an issue for some tight on space
- Opt for professional delivery and assembly as it can be both time consuming and frustrating to do on your own
The Life Fitness T3 comes with:
- 10-year motor warranty
- 5 year parts + 1 year labour warranty
- lifetime frame warranty
- lifetime deck warranty
- 3 year console
We like the Life Fitness T3 as it boasts above average components and feature sets for an entry level model from a manufacturer that has a long history of building in-home and commercial fitness equipment. With the T3 you’re getting a treadmill that’s withstood the test of time, has evolved, and is one of the top selling treadmills in the market.
The choice in console is awesome as well. Users have different needs – configure as you wish!
|Specifications||Life Fitness T3|
|Motor||3.0 CHP (6.0 HP Peak)|
|Running surface||51 x 153 cm|
|Training programs||Up to 27|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||202 x 88 x 147cm|
|Product weight||111 kg / 245 lbs|
|Max user weight||159 kg / 350 lbs|
|Warranty|| Motor: 10 year
Parts: 5 year
Labour: 1 year
Console: 3 year