NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Review
Last Updated: February 11, 2020
The new-and-improved version of the C2450 for 2020 has a few additional modifications to ensure a smoother, more enjoyable running experience every.
Upgraded Immersive 14-inch Touchscreen
The 2019 C2450 came with a touchscreen which made for more engaging and productive workouts. For 2020, the treadmill features a larger 14-inch screen, both iFit and web-enabled. This is 4 inches / 40% bigger than last year’s model! With great color quality and unlimited options for usage, the screen kept us hooked to the treadmill while we watched the news, went through our inbox, and explored iFit. The viewing experience has got quite a bit better.
50 Preset Workouts
Another improvement from the 2019 version is the 50 built-in pre-set workouts, adding to the 40 from the prior year model. Now there are even more options to make each workout different. This will help keep things fresh and new!
Powerful and Quiet 4.0 CHP Motor
We found the powerful 4.0 CHP motor to be the same as before – smooth, quiet, and cool. Quiet performance is ensured by high-level insulation, a 2-ply tread belt, and a larger motor case, enabling longer runs.
RunnersFlex™ Cushioning Technology
Experience the feeling of a dynamic running deck thanks to the configurable RunnersFlex™ cushioning technology. There is an on / off setting with the c240 which allows you to select the kind of surface you would like to walk or run on. Choose between a softer, cushioned surface to lessen impact on joints, or one without cushioning for a regular road-like feel. The latter is actually quite good for marathon (outdoor) training.
iFit-Ready with Free Membership for a Year
The C2450 comes with a bonus year-long iFit membership with purchase. For those who are new to iFit, it’s THE fitness app you need to get moving. It will add a lot of joy and engagement to working out. The app normally requires a monthly subscription, but it is waived for a year with the purchase of the treadmill.
Available via the app are various workouts for your treadmill and even non-treadmill workouts such as yoga, pilates, and strength training. Then with the app you get the ability to walk or run on virtual worldwide routes connected via Google maps. Real life locations will be presented on your HD display and as you move, your treadmill will respond with real-time incline/declines based on the actual ground terrain! For example, walking up a steep mountain will result in the machine increasing the incline of the running deck. Awesome, right!! While regular apps may track the basics (sleep, nutrition, workout stats), iFit does that in addition to cool features like live personal training with professional coaches.
Heart Rate Monitoring
EKG handlebars on the C2450 kept up motivation high via updates to our heart rate. Breaking a sweat is even more rewarding when you get to see the numbers on screen!
Additional Features for Convenience
Like the prior year model, the 2020 upgrade for the C2450 has all the useful features we typically appreciate: the tablet holder, and dual workout fans. The treadmill also comes with EasyLift™ Assist which allows the treadmill to be folded up for storage.
- Free ground floor installation included
- 14-inch HD touchscreen with internet connectivity and countless possibilities
- 50 built-in workouts to add variety
- iFit-ready, with free membership to the app for a year
- Minimal vibrations and quiet, long-lasting performance each time due to a powerful, well insulated, encased 4.0 CHP motor
- 2.5” precision and balanced non-flex rollers
- Spacious tread belt of 55×152 cm suitable for people with taller stature
- Lesser friction and smooth running due to the 2-ply tread belt lubricated for quiet functioning
- RunnersFlex™ technology enables you to choose between a cushioned running surface for joint protection and a harder surface for a road-like feel
- The folding feature adds convenience in relocating and storage
- Suitable for professional athletes with a maximum speed of 12 mph
- -3–15% decline/incline can be set to control the intensity of your run
- Three fans to stay cool while using the treadmill
- Grip-style heart rate monitoring through handlebars
- After a year, full iFit access (if desired) will require a monthly cost
- Maximum weight of users should not exceed ~135 kg
- While it may be portable, the massive weight of 135 kg makes it a challenge to relocate
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 comes with:
- 2 year parts warranty
- 2 year labor warranty
- 10 year frame warranty
The NordicTrack Commercial c2450 doesn’t fail to impress. As if the 2019 version wasn’t good enough, the new 14-inch screen, additional built-in workouts, and bluetooth speakers are additional perks in the 2020 upgrade. We love the add-ons but if they seem a bit unnecessary, take a look at lower trim models in NordicTrack’s Commercial range, specifically the C1650. If you’re thinking you need more perks, take a look at higher trim models. With respect to the c2450, they do go offer quite often, so keep an eye out for discount offers.
|Incline||-3 – 15%|
|Running surface||22" x 60"|
|Display||14" Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||81.2” L x 39.2” W x 69.9” H|
|Max user weight||300 lbs|
|Warranty|| Parts: 2 years
Labor: 1 years
Frame: 10 years