NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Review
Last Updated: May 30, 2021
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is the big brother to one of the most popular treadmills on the market, the Commercial 1750, which already comes with several great features and components.
This Commercial 2450 is equipped with a more powerful 4.0 CHP motor, a definite improvement from the 3.75 CHP motor of the Commercial 1750. With internal cooling, it’s suitable for high performance and longer duration running. It is also super quiet, thanks to the larger motor case and high-grade insulation. From the spacious 55×152 cm tread belt to the wide decline and incline range (-3% to 15%) and 22 km/h max speed, the Commercial 2450 doesn’t disappoint. Its 2-ply tread belt also ensures a quiet and smooth workout.
The 2450 not only adds comfort but a sense of realism to your walking or training needs. For those looking for comfort and convenience, you’ll be glad to know that this model has a folding feature to save space and Runners Flex™ adjustable deck cushioning for joint protection. Toggling this setting activates cushions on the running deck, which lessens the impact to joints, particularly your knees and feet. The toggle can also remove cushioning, and your experience mimics that of running outdoors on asphalt.
The technology on this system is also superb. As of 2021, the treadmill features an upgraded 14-inch iFit and web-enabled HD touchscreen. It will keep you immersed in your workout, letting you go on for longer sessions. If you like your music, the 2450 has it covered with iPod-compatibility and Bluetooth-compatible dual 3-inch speakers that pack a punch. The EKG handgrips allow effective heart rate monitoring during use.
Like its younger brother, the 2450 comes iFit-ready. For those of you who are wondering what iFit is about, it’s only one of the coolest fitness apps. While it normally requires a subscription, you get it free for one year for the whole family with the purchase of this treadmill. iFit provides various workout videos and experiences that can be played on several devices, including the immersive 14” screen on the 2450. Want to take a walk down 5th avenue in Manhattan? How about a run along with the Thames in London? It’s all possible with iFit. The app is preloaded with Google map runs that are visually presented on screen. As you’re walking or running, the power incline on this treadmill will adjust (if desired) to mimic your route’s elevation changes. Impressive, right? The fitness app comes standard with a lot of the stat tracking you would expect, including sleep, nutrition, and exercise tracking.
- Highly immersive, web-connected, upgraded 14-inch full-colour touchscreen keeps you engaged during workouts
- iFit connectivity with free year-long family membership
- 4.0CHP motor with high-grade insulation and larger casing minimizes noise and vibrations and strong enough for high performance and/or longer runs
- 22 km/h top speed suitable for high-performance runners
- Set digital decline/incline from -3% to 15% to adjust workout experience and intensity
- 55x152cm tread belt results in a massive running surface, suitable for taller folk
- 2-ply lubricated tread belt makes for a quiet walk or run with less friction
- RunnersFlex™ running deck can be set with cushioning on or off. Switch it on to lessen shock and impact to knees and feet. Deactivate cushions by turning it off for a harder, asphalt-like surface
- The foldable design adds some portability to a treadmill that feels very solid and stable
- Dual fans to keep you cool during your workouts
- Heart rate monitoring via grip handlebars
- Not suitable for people over 135 kg
- Even though it’s foldable, it’s quite heavy, so this impacts portability if you are looking to move to different rooms or floors easily
- Self-assembly can be difficult for those of us who are not too handy (opt for outside help with assembly, it will be worthwhile)
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 comes with:
- 2-year parts warranty
- 1-year labor warranty
- 10-year frame warranty
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is nothing short of impressive. It really comes down to whether you need the extra punch this treadmill provides over its younger sibling – the commercial 1750, or similar treadmills. Consider how much you need the additional motor power for regular high performance running, and how much you would love the 14-inch web-enabled screen. If you like the added features, this treadmill could be had for an excellent price, especially when on sale.
|Incline||-3 – 15%|
|Running surface||22" x 60"|
|Display||14" Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||81.2” L x 39.2” W x 69.9” H|
|Max user weight||300 lbs|
|Warranty|| Parts: 2 years
Labor: 1 years
Frame: 10 years