NordicTrack Commercial X22i Incline Trainer Review
Last Updated: May 29, 2021
As of 2021, the Commercial X22i is the second-last model launched in NordicTrack’s incline trainer series. Known for their steep maximum incline levels up to 40%, all four of the brand’s incline trainer models have been well received by the market.
The X22i is a higher-end option with a lot of bells and whistles that make it worth purchasing. It’s meant for fitness freaks who appreciate the latest tech features and have a comfortable budget. Here’s a breakdown of everything the X22i has to offer:
- A Cool 22-inch Display
This incline trainer features a generous screen size of 22 inches, a definite jump from the 10-inch touchscreen of the X11i. As expected, the screen is iFit-compatible to allow you to enjoy iFit features to the max.
- High Max Speed and Incline Limit
Like all its siblings, the X22i doesn’t disappoint with its 6 levels of decline and up to 40% incline. Even the most athletic of us found the max 22 km/h speed to be more than enough for an intense workout.
- 4.0 CHP Motor
An improvement from the 3.6 CHP and 3.75 CHP motors of the X9i and X11i respectively, the X22i’s 4.0 CHP motor helps you power through the toughest of workouts, accommodating multiple users throughout the day. The self-cooling drive system is designed to minimize vibrations and provide a smooth running experience.
- iFit Compatibility with Free 1-Year Membership
All NordicTrack incline trainers currently offer an iFit family membership that allows up to four user profiles free of cost for a year. iFit Coach is a popular fitness app with plenty of features to ensure a quality workout. You can train with world-class fitness coaches or opt for virtual running locations that change your treadmill’s incline according to the real-life path changes. Access over 16,000 workout videos, take up fitness challenges, and track your stats like nutrition, activity, and sleep, all with iFit.
- Spacious Running Belt with Optional Cushioning
Like its counterparts, the X22i features a 55 x 152 cm running surface that can accommodate taller folks easily. The ever-present Runners Flex™ cushioning technology that is the hallmark of the NordicTrack experience can be availed on the X22i as well. Simply switch it on for a more padded feel to your running deck to lessen the impact on your joints.
- Smart Bluetooth Chest Belt
Keep track of your heart rate by using the Smart Bluetooth chest belt included with your purchase. This handy tool can help you target specific heart zones which can help you reach your fitness goals faster.
- Sled Grips and Push Bar
Add some powerful strength training to your cardio workout. The X22i has a push bar and sled grips, similar to the X11i, in case you want to experience some serious burn.
- Other Features
Some other things we love about the X22i are the dual 3-inch speakers with Bluetooth compatibility, dual workout fans, and 2.5-inch rollers for optimal durability of the running deck.
- A generously sized full color touchscreen display at 22 inches
- iFit compatibility with a complimentary one-year family subscription
- 22 km/h max speed and wide incline/decline range (-6 to 40%)
- Spacious running deck suitable for taller runners too
- 4.0 CHP self-cooling motor suitable for home and commercial use
- Sled grips and push bar for simultaneous high-intensity strength training
- Optional Runners Flex™ cushioning feature to lessen the impact on joints
- Smart Bluetooth chest belt for heart rate monitoring
- Good sound system with dual 3-inch speakers
- Dual workout fans to keep you cool
- According to customers, NordicTrack’s tech support is far from ideal in case of problems
- Not suitable for users heavier than 135 kg
- iFit will require paid subscription after the free year is over
- The incline trainer is quite heavy and difficult to relocate at 153 kg
The NordicTrack Commercial X22i has the same warranty package as its siblings:
- Lifetime Frame Warranty
- 10-Year Motor Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 2-Year Labor Warranty
The NordicTrack X22i is a state-of-the-art incline trainer with lots to offer. While the X11i and X9i have many of the features of the X22i at lower price points, you can go for this one if the substantial screen size and enhanced motor power appeal to you and your fitness needs. If you are planning to use your treadmill quite regularly, we recommend opting for a larger motor for piece of mind. For higher-budget options, you may consider the X32i, the latest in the series with a luxurious 32” display.
|Decline & Incline||-6 / 40% Incline|
|Running surface||22 x 60 inch|
|Display||22” Smart HD Touchscreen|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||70.2” L x 39.6” W x 71.6” H|
|Max user weight||300 lbs|
|Warranty|| Parts: 2 Years
Labor: 1 Year
Frame: 10 Years