Sole F63 Review
The Sole F63 is an entry level treadmill but don’t let that fool you. Sole started out in the industry selling fitness equipment to hotels. In other words, they built equipment durable enough to withstand commercial use and abuse. They have since grown and brought these high quality parts and manufacturing processes to provide similar quality to those looking for home fitness equipment. Even though the F63 is entry level for Sole, it definitely punches above its weight relative to other brands.
The features and technology boasted by the F63 support a treadmill that will let you regularly walk, jog or even run in comfort.
The F63 comes with the Cushion Flex Whisper Deck which reduces impact to joints while running. There have been studies that have shown that this technology reduces impact to joints by up to 40% in comparison to outdoor asphalt running.
What do we really like about the Sole F63? The stable, steel welded frame and large running surface (20 x 60 inches) provide a feeling of security, stability, and free space while running. Even more impressive – this additional security and space does not compromise the F63’s portability. It’s a foldable treadmill that comes with Sole’s patented easy assist folding capability. Basically, you can watch the treadmill unfold for you!
The F63 also features a robust 3.0 CHP (4.5 peak) motor allowing for running speeds up to 12mph, a speed acceptable for commercial level treadmills. Best part here, you get the power but it is a quiet workhorse.
- Strong 3.0CHP motor allows for longer workout sessions including high-speed running. Motor is a very quiet workhorse!
- Large 20 x 60 inch 2-ply tread belt creates a large comfortable running surface suitable for most folks, so don’t worry about falling off the edge.
- Running deck has Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology which reduces impact to joints while running; reduces impact to joints by up to 40% versus asphalt running
- All steel welded frame provides stability in running
- Easy Assist Folding provides portability made easy; watch your F63 unfold for you
- 12mph top speed suitable for most runners
- Power incline from 0-15% adds variety to workout experience and intensity
- User friendly, simple controls for workout programs, speed, incline etc
- Bright, easy to read 6.5 inch LCD screen with heart rate, speed, calories data etc.
- 6 preset workout programs, 2 heart rate programs, and 2 slots for custom programs
- Integrated sound system with excellent speakers compatible with MP3 players
- Tablet holder allows for more entertainment possibilities
- Hand pulse grip heart rate monitoring
- Some users prefer full handle bars that extend along the length of the treadmill versus hand rails on the F63 that are located at just the front
- For those taller folk who run or walk on full incline, the controls may feel a bit low (uncomfortable) at that elevation with respect to reach
- No web enabled display common for price point but tablet holder is a good compromise to the high end displays
- Fan is adequate but for some does not push out enough air
The Sole F63 comes with:
- Lifetime motor, frame
- 3 years parts, electronics, deck
- 1 year labour
For the price, you don’t get all the bells and whistles of higher end treadmills but you got a treadmill priced for home use that has several high quality parts and features you would see in higher-end Sole and competitor treadmills.
|Motor||3.0 CHP (4.5 Peak)|
|Running surface||51 x 152 cm|
|Display||6.5" Blue Backlit LCD|
|Training programs||10 Workout Program Slots (6 Preset)|
|Heart rate monitor|
|Dimensions||208.5 x 88.5 x 146 cm|
|Product weight||115 kg / 253 lbs|
|Max user weight||150 kg / 330 lbs|
|Warranty|| Motor: lifetime
Parts: 3 years
Labor: 1 year
Electronics: 3 years
Deck: 3 years